Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
In addition, we are exceeding regulatory guidelines for air quality for patient and staff safety as follows:
- Air purification with hypochlorus acid fogger. A highly effective electrically charged air purification and surface disinfectant used in many food and medical applications. Virucidal with 30 second contact, this is used in our treatment rooms after every patient, and regularly throughout our facility.
- Air filtration using high efficiency MERV13 hospital level air filtration in our air supply.
- Air treatment of ultraviolet light continuously in our air supply.
To ensure our facility is a safe place, face coverings must be worn at all times. Public Health recommends keeping a social distance and practicing good hygiene -hand washing and avoiding touching your face. Hand sanitizer is available in our entry-way. We ask that our patients come alone when possible, and those who come with family or friends, please have them remain in their car. We will continue to require masking and physical distancing while in our facility for team members and patients.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Please advise us If you experience any of the above symptoms as we will recommend caution and postpone your dental appointment for at least two weeks. In addition, if have you been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the last two weeks, excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months, it is recommended you seek testing for Covid-19, quarantine for 14 days, check with local health department, and consult your medical care provider.
You have been in close contact if you have:
- been within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a combined total of 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour period or
- provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19 or
- had direct physical contact (hugged or kissed) with someone who has COVID-19 or
- shared eating or drinking utensils with someone who has COVID-19 or
- been sneezed on or coughed on by someone who has COVID-19
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
Ready To Take Control Of Your Dental Care?
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment to reclaim your smile today!